CDCGM 2014 - NEWS
The 4rd track on Convergence of Distributed Clouds, Grids and their Management will be held in Parma from June 23, to June 25, 2014 within the IEEE International Conference on Enabling Technologies: Infrastructure for Collaborative Enterprises (for more information please visit the IEEE WETICE 2014 web site).
CDCGM 2014 - Call for Papers
Cloud Computing is nowadays the reference model in the field of Distributed Service Computing. The wide adoption of Virtualization technology, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) within powerful and widely distributed data centers have been allowing developers and consumer to access to a wide range of services and computational resources through a pay-per-use model.
There is nowadays the need to share computing resources among cloud users and vendors. Grid computing elements, frameworks, middlewares, and computing models used by scientists and business analysists need to be integrated into a unified computing framework.
The goal of CDCGM 2014 is to attract young researchers, Ph.D. students, practitioners, and business leaders to bring contributions in the area of Grid and Cloud Computing, especially in the developments of programming models, technologies, framework, middleware for e-science and industry.
You are invited to submit research papers to the following areas:
- Discovering new application scenarios, proposing new operating systems, programming abstractions and tools with particular reference to distributed Grids and Clouds and their integration.
- Identifying the challenging problems that still need to be solved such as parallel programming, scaling and management of distributed computing elements.
- Reporting results and experiences gained in building dynamic Grid-based middleware, Computing Cloud and workflow management systems.
- New infrastructures, middleware, frameworks for Grid and Cloud computing platforms.
- Architectural and Design patterns for building unified and interoperable Grid and Cloud platforms.
- Virtualization of Grid resources and their management within private/hybrid Cloud.
- Programming Models and Paradigms to deploy, configure and control Cloud and Grid Services.
- Infrastructures, models and frameworks for Service Migration to/from Cloud and Grid platforms.
- Integration of suitable trust systems within Grid and Cloud platforms.
- Security, Privacy, Trustiness for Public, Private, and Hybrid Clouds.
- Policies, algorithms and frameworks for Service Level Agreement (SLA) within Public, Private and Hybrid Clouds.
- New models and technologies for management, configuration, accounting of computational resources within Cloud and Grid systems.
- Cloud/Grid Composition, Federation and Orchestration.
- High Performance Cloud Computing.
- Interoperability between native High Performance Infrastructures and Public/Hybrid Cloud.
- Workflow Management within Clouds, Grid and unified computing infrastructures.
- Green Cloud Computing.
- Big Data models and frameworks with particular emphasis to the integration of existing systems into Public/Hybrid Cloud.
- Cloud Storage and Data management within Cloud platforms.
- The title of the paper.
- The names and affiliations of the authors.
- A 150-word abstract.
- At most eight keywords.
|Paper submissions deadline (exact date to be scheduled):||February 2014|
|Decision to paper authors:||to be scheduled|
|Camera Ready papers to IEEE:||to be scheduled|
|WETICE-2014 conference:||June, 23-25, 2014|
All the papers submitted will be reviewed by peers and selected papers will be published in WETICE2014 Conference Proceedings by IEEE.
Participants are expected to submit an original research paper or a position paper, not submitted or published elsewhere, through the EasyChair web site: link for submission.
Submission should follow the IEEE format (single spaced, two columns, 10pt, Times font) at most SIX PAGES, including figures.
The paper should be in either PS or PDF format. Papers using different formats could be not considered for review. Please check also that the submission will include: